Medical Search Engine
- A Locum’s ScrapBook: Hospital 58
- Perfusion Art: “It Takes a Village…”
- Comparison of Microplegia Solution and Del Nido Cardioplegia Solution in Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Surgery: Which One is More Effective?
- Management and Outcomes of Cardiogenic Shock in Cardiac ICUs With Versus Without Shock Teams
- Interrelations of Intraoperative Changes in Cerebral Tissue Oxygen Saturation with Brain Volumes and Neurodevelopment Outcome After the Comprehensive Stage II Procedure in Infants With Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome: A Retrospective Cohort Study
- The Impact of del Nido Cardioplegia Solution on Blood Morphology Parameters
- COVID Convalescence—A Boon or Bane in Cardiac Surgery?: A “Second Hit” Hypothesis
- Predictors and Outcomes of Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting: A Systematic and Untargeted Analysis of More Than 120,000 Individuals and 1,300 Disease Traits
- Bi-Caval Dual Lumen Catheter for Pediatric Patients Undergoing Venovenous Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation
- Nitrogen Oxide-Added Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation for Treating Critical Acute Heart Failure after Cardiac Surgery
- The Susceptibility of the Aortic Root: Porcine Aortic Rupture Testing Under Cardiopulmonary Bypass
- Strategies to Prevent Acute Kidney Injury after Pediatric Cardiac Surgery – A Network Meta-Analysis
- When the Symphony Dies… Part 1
- Viscoelastic Hemostatic Assays: Update on Technology and Clinical Applications
- Beneficial Effect of Prone Positioning During Venovenous Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation for Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Reconstruction of anterior chest wall: a clinical analysis
- Comparison of non-invasive to invasive oxygenation ratios for diagnosing acute respiratory distress syndrome following coronary artery bypass graft surgery: a prospective derivation-validation cohort study
- Long-term clinical outcomes after coronary artery bypass grafting with pedicled saphenous vein grafts
- Intraoperative transit-time flowmetry in patients undergoing coronary surgery to determine relationships between graft flow and patency and prior coronary interventions and flow demand: a retrospective study
- Intra-thymic bronchogenic cyst an extremely rare tumor of anterior mediastinum in adults
- Preoperative determinants of quality of life a year after coronary artery bypass grafting: a historical cohort study
- Long-term performance of an external stent for saphenous vein grafts: the VEST IV trial
- Assessment of the prognostic role of neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio following complete resection of thymoma
- Epicardial infrared ablation to create a linear conduction block on a beating right atrium
- Detection of patients at high risk for nonocclusive mesenteric ischemia after cardiovascular surgery
- Post esophagectomy diaphragmatic hernia: a case report of a rare cause of acute respiratory distress
- The surgical management of non-malignant aerodigestive fistula
- Intrathoracic fibrolipoma resected using complete thoracoscopic surgery: a case report
- Suture fixation of tracheal stents for the treatment of upper trachea stenosis: a retrospective study
- Case report and management approach in idiopathic pulmonary arteries aneurysm
Medical News Today
- Heart health: Are women getting incorrect treatment?
- Best supplements for lowering blood pressure
- Study sets blood pressure target for people over 80
- Marathon running may reverse a risky part of the aging process
- Stroke: Smoking both traditional and e-cigarettes may raise risk
- Cardiomyopathy: What to know
- How does air pollution affect our health?
- What is water brash?
- Wet coughs: What to know
- 5 healthful living factors extend disease-free life
- Chest pain and leg pain: Are they connected?
- Is it bronchitis or pneumonia?
- Common pesticide linked to increased mortality risk
- Heart attack: New protein therapy may improve recovery
- Cholesterol levels in young adults can predict heart disease risk
- Vasoplegia after implantation of a continuous flow left ventricular assist device: incidence, outcomes and predictors
- Left ventricular-arterial coupling is associated with prolonged mechanical ventilation in severe post-cardiac surgery patients: an observational study
- In vitro effects of levosimendan on muscle of malignant hyperthermia susceptible and non-susceptible swine
- Prediction of postoperative mortality in elderly patient with hip fractures: a single-centre, retrospective cohort study
- Devising negative pressure within intercuff space reduces microaspiration
- Comparative study between Dexmedetomidine and Ondansteron for prevention of post spinal shivering. A randomized controlled trial
- Role of dexamethasone in the para-vertebral block for pediatric patients undergoing aortic coarctation repair. randomized, double-blinded controlled study
- Glycated hemoglobin A1c level on the day of emergency surgery is a marker of premorbid glycemic control: a retrospective observational study
- Effects of prebiotic galacto-oligosaccharide on postoperative cognitive dysfunction and neuroinflammation through targeting of the gut-brain axis
- Development and validation of a predictive risk factor model for epidural re-siting in women undergoing labour epidural analgesia: a retrospective cohort study
- A case report of multiple anesthesia for pediatric surgery: 80 anesthesia applications in a period of 6 years
- Levosimendan is superior to epinephrine on coronary flow for lipid-base resuscitation of bupivacaine-induced asystole in the isolated rat heart
- Correction to: Comparison of analgesic effect of oxycodone and morphine on patients with moderate and advanced cancer pain: a meta-analysis
- Higher PEEP improves outcomes in ARDS patients with clinically objective positive oxygenation response to PEEP: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Sevoflurane preconditioning induces tolerance to brain ischemia partially via inhibiting thioredoxin-1 nitration
Heart Valve Surgery
- UW Medicine Heart Institute Becomes Newest Sponsor of HeartValveSurgery.com!
- Heart Warrior Spotlight: Sonny Gets Outpatient Valve Replacement Reoperation
- Patient Webinar: Advances in Heart Valve Replacements
- Married Couple, Rosemary & Tom, Share Remarkable Heart Surgery Bond!
- 8-Year Old Grant Gets Successful Ross Procedure Thanks to Dr. Starnes!
- Mayo Clinic Joins HeartValveSurgery.com Community!
- Doctor Q&A: 3rd COVID-19 Vaccine Dose? New Booster Shot?
- Thanks to Tom & Dr. Caffarelli, I Get a New Heart!
- 6 Amazing Heart Valve Experts Show Support of Our Patient Community!
- Heart Trivia: Which Heart Valve Is Hidden In This 3D Animation of a Beating Human Heart?
- Traver’s Healthy Heart Returns to Uganda!!!
- Patient Webinar: Surgical vs. Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
- TAVR Innovation: Navitor Gets CE Mark Approval in Europe
- Alex Toussaint, Peloton Instructor, Offers Empowering “Shout-Out” to HeartValveGuy
- Little Traver Finally Gets Life-Saving Heart Surgery!!!
- SPECT predicts outcomes in brain surgery for epilepsy
- Mayo Clinic Q & amp;A podcast: Treating birth defects before a baby is born
- Adding normothermic machine perfusion to liver transplantation may be cost effective in Canada
- Ultrahigh-resolution CT boosts the modality's heart imaging prowess
- What are Some of the Complications of Short Bowel Syndrome?
- CTA shows how statin treatment changes coronary plaque
- Ethicon ’s Echelon Circular Powered Stapler Associated With Major Reduction In Serious Complications Following Colorectal Surgery
- Deep-learning algorithm spots carotid calcium on CT exams
- HIV-positive people have higher incidence of coronary plaque
- Early diagnosis of mortality using admission CT perfusion in severe traumatic brain injury patients (ACT-TBI): protocol for a prospective cohort study - Alcock S, Batoo D, Ande SR, Grierson R, Essig M, Martin D, Trivedi A, Sinha N, Leeies M, Zeiler FA, Shankar JJS.
- Saving the brain after mild-to-moderate traumatic injury: a report on new insights of the physiology underlying adequate maintenance of cerebral perfusion - Convertino VA, Cardin S, Cap AP, Crowder AT, Stackle ME, Talley MJ, Lurie KG.
- CTA shows the effect of job stress on the heart
- Study finds heart transplantation using donation after cardiac death with NRP
- Use of CTA, CT perfusion up -- but for the right reasons
- Newly discovered immune cell function vital to healing