Medical Search Engine
- Thromboelastography During Rewarming for Management of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery Patients
- Same Data, Opposite Results?A Call to Improve Surgical Database Research
- Perioperative Circulatory Support for Lung Transplantation
- Intra-Operative Autologous Blood Donation for Cardiovascular Surgeries in Japan: A Retrospective Cohort Study
- Comparison of Anticoagulation Strategies in Patients Requiring Venovenous Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation: Heparin Versus Bivalirudin
- Hydroxyethyl Starch on Kidney and Haemostatic Function in Cardiac Surgical Patients: Is A Non-Inferiority Study Design Appropriate for This Setting?
- Changes in Intraocular Pressure During Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery: An Observational Study
- Comparison of Normal Saline, Ringer’s and Ringer’s Lactate As Z-BUF Fluids in Management of Perioperative Serum Sodium and Potassium Levels
- Unusual Complication of a Right Ventricular Support–Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Cannula
- Blood Transfusion Trends by Disease Category in The United States, 2000 to 2014
- Evaluation, Treatment, and Impact of Neurologic Injury in Adult Patients on Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation: a Review
- The International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery Expert Consensus Statement on Transcatheter and Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement in Low- and Intermediate-Risk Patients: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized and Propensity-Matched Studies
- Malaria and the Heart: JACC State-of-the-Art Review
- Effect of Hematocrit on the CO2 Removal Rate of Artificial Lungs
- Improving Hemocompatibility: How Can Smart Surfaces Direct Blood To Fight against Thrombi
- Reconstruction of anterior chest wall: a clinical analysis
- Comparison of non-invasive to invasive oxygenation ratios for diagnosing acute respiratory distress syndrome following coronary artery bypass graft surgery: a prospective derivation-validation cohort study
- Long-term clinical outcomes after coronary artery bypass grafting with pedicled saphenous vein grafts
- Intraoperative transit-time flowmetry in patients undergoing coronary surgery to determine relationships between graft flow and patency and prior coronary interventions and flow demand: a retrospective study
- Intra-thymic bronchogenic cyst an extremely rare tumor of anterior mediastinum in adults
- Preoperative determinants of quality of life a year after coronary artery bypass grafting: a historical cohort study
- Long-term performance of an external stent for saphenous vein grafts: the VEST IV trial
- Assessment of the prognostic role of neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio following complete resection of thymoma
- Epicardial infrared ablation to create a linear conduction block on a beating right atrium
- Detection of patients at high risk for nonocclusive mesenteric ischemia after cardiovascular surgery
- Post esophagectomy diaphragmatic hernia: a case report of a rare cause of acute respiratory distress
- The surgical management of non-malignant aerodigestive fistula
- Intrathoracic fibrolipoma resected using complete thoracoscopic surgery: a case report
- Suture fixation of tracheal stents for the treatment of upper trachea stenosis: a retrospective study
- Case report and management approach in idiopathic pulmonary arteries aneurysm
Medical News Today
- Heart health: Are women getting incorrect treatment?
- Best supplements for lowering blood pressure
- Study sets blood pressure target for people over 80
- Marathon running may reverse a risky part of the aging process
- Stroke: Smoking both traditional and e-cigarettes may raise risk
- Cardiomyopathy: What to know
- How does air pollution affect our health?
- What is water brash?
- Wet coughs: What to know
- 5 healthful living factors extend disease-free life
- Chest pain and leg pain: Are they connected?
- Is it bronchitis or pneumonia?
- Common pesticide linked to increased mortality risk
- Heart attack: New protein therapy may improve recovery
- Cholesterol levels in young adults can predict heart disease risk
- Vasoplegia after implantation of a continuous flow left ventricular assist device: incidence, outcomes and predictors
- Left ventricular-arterial coupling is associated with prolonged mechanical ventilation in severe post-cardiac surgery patients: an observational study
- In vitro effects of levosimendan on muscle of malignant hyperthermia susceptible and non-susceptible swine
- Prediction of postoperative mortality in elderly patient with hip fractures: a single-centre, retrospective cohort study
- Devising negative pressure within intercuff space reduces microaspiration
- Comparative study between Dexmedetomidine and Ondansteron for prevention of post spinal shivering. A randomized controlled trial
- Role of dexamethasone in the para-vertebral block for pediatric patients undergoing aortic coarctation repair. randomized, double-blinded controlled study
- Glycated hemoglobin A1c level on the day of emergency surgery is a marker of premorbid glycemic control: a retrospective observational study
- Effects of prebiotic galacto-oligosaccharide on postoperative cognitive dysfunction and neuroinflammation through targeting of the gut-brain axis
- Development and validation of a predictive risk factor model for epidural re-siting in women undergoing labour epidural analgesia: a retrospective cohort study
- A case report of multiple anesthesia for pediatric surgery: 80 anesthesia applications in a period of 6 years
- Levosimendan is superior to epinephrine on coronary flow for lipid-base resuscitation of bupivacaine-induced asystole in the isolated rat heart
- Correction to: Comparison of analgesic effect of oxycodone and morphine on patients with moderate and advanced cancer pain: a meta-analysis
- Higher PEEP improves outcomes in ARDS patients with clinically objective positive oxygenation response to PEEP: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Sevoflurane preconditioning induces tolerance to brain ischemia partially via inhibiting thioredoxin-1 nitration
Heart Valve Surgery
- After COVID-19 Delay, Little Traver Prepares for Heart Surgery Journey!
- Heart Valve Experts Show Wonderful Support for Our Patient Community!
- Big News! REPAIR MR Clinical Trial Now Enrolling Patients!
- With Over 7,000 Facebook Likes, Michael Inspires Heart Valve Patients Across the World!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Widens As “Phase 1B Plus” Includes Heart Patients in Select States
- After Heart Surgery, Marylin Celebrates Her 70th Birthday!
- Woo-Whoo! National Heart Valve Disease Awareness Day Is Monday!
- Valve Day Patient Spotlight: From Tragedy to TAVR Triumph, This Is Donna’s Story
- Heart Valve Day Education: Managing COVID-19 & the New ACC/AHA Guidelines
- Heart Valve Day Giveaway: 10 Free HVS Hats!
- Peloton Instructor, Jess King, Gives a “Shout Out” to Heart Valve Guys & Gals
- We’re #2 On The “Top Heart Blog & Websites” Rankings For 2021!
- Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Laurel & Dennis Make the HVS Hat Look Dang Good!
- On National Wear Red Day, Dr. Joanna Chikwe Answers Your Questions!
- SNMMI issues new guidelines on V/Q scans
- Class I Recall Issued for Some Affinity Pixie Oxygenators Class I Recall Issued for Some Affinity Pixie Oxygenators
- Machine Perfusion Improves Function of Deceased Donor Livers
- Palliative Wound Care for PALTC
- Use of cardio CT, MRI increases, but remains fraction of heart imaging
- Hypothermic Machine Perfusion Prevents Complications in Donated-After-Cardiac-Death Liver Allografts Hypothermic Machine Perfusion Prevents Complications in Donated-After-Cardiac-Death Liver Allografts
- Cholangiocyte organoids can repair bile ducts after transplantation in the human liver
- How Accurate Is a Myocardial Perfusion Scan?
- PEDRA(TM) Technology Receives FDA Breakthrough Device Designation for its PEDRA(TM) Xauron(TM) Real-Time Tissue Perfusion System
- Report charts 80% drop in cardiac SPECT during COVID-19
- PET ties coronary blood flow to future adverse events
- Normothermic Machine Perfusion (NMP) in rat livers extended from 6 to 24 hours
- Visualising the pressure-time burden of elevated intracranial pressure after severe traumatic brain injury: a retrospective confirmatory study (comment) - Donnelly J, G üiza F, Depreitere B, Meyfroidt G, Czosnyka M, Smielewski P.
- In adult patients with severe traumatic brain injury, does the use of norepinephrine for augmenting cerebral perfusion pressure improve neurological outcome? A systematic review - Lloyd-Donald P, Spencer W, Cheng J, Romero L, Jithoo R, Udy A, Fitzgerald MC.
- Cerebral perfusion disturbances in chronic mild traumatic brain injury correlate with psychoemotional outcomes - Papadaki E, Kavroulakis E, Manolitsi K, Makrakis D, Papastefanakis E, Tsagaraki P, Papadopoulou S, Zampetakis A, Malliou M, Vakis A, Simos P.