Medical Search Engine
- Thrombin: A Pivotal Player in Hemostasis and Beyond
- Procalcitonin and Early Postoperative Infection After Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Bypass Surgery
- Epidemiology of Acute Kidney Injury After Neonatal Cardiac Surgery: A Report From the Multicenter Neonatal and Pediatric Heart and Renal Outcomes Network
- Pro-Con Debate: Fibrinogen Concentrate or Cryoprecipitate for Treatment of Acquired Hypofibrinogenemia in Cardiac Surgical Patients
- Biomarkers of Cerebral Injury for Prediction of Postoperative Cognitive Dysfunction in Patients Undergoing Cardiac Surgery
- The Use of Thromboelastography (TEG) and Rotational Thromboelastometry (ROTEM) in Neonates: A Systematic Review
- Nationwide Utilization of Cardiopulmonary Bypass in Cardiothoracic Trauma: A Retrospective Analysis of the National Trauma Data Bank
- Measuring and Improving Emotional Intelligence in Surgery: A Systematic Review
- A Nomogram to Predict Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome After Cardiac Surgery
- Neonatal Cardiopulmonary Bypass Circuit Blood Prime Quality Analysis
- Myocardial Revascularization Surgery
- Locums CCP- Available 4 You…
- Perfusion Art: “Gradients”
- The Impact of Team Familiarity on Intra and Postoperative Cardiac Surgical Outcomes
- Preservation of Renal Endothelial Integrity and Reduction of Renal Edema by Aprotinin Does Not Preserve Renal Perfusion and Function Following Experimental Cardiopulmonary Bypass
- Reconstruction of anterior chest wall: a clinical analysis
- Comparison of non-invasive to invasive oxygenation ratios for diagnosing acute respiratory distress syndrome following coronary artery bypass graft surgery: a prospective derivation-validation cohort study
- Long-term clinical outcomes after coronary artery bypass grafting with pedicled saphenous vein grafts
- Intraoperative transit-time flowmetry in patients undergoing coronary surgery to determine relationships between graft flow and patency and prior coronary interventions and flow demand: a retrospective study
- Intra-thymic bronchogenic cyst an extremely rare tumor of anterior mediastinum in adults
- Preoperative determinants of quality of life a year after coronary artery bypass grafting: a historical cohort study
- Long-term performance of an external stent for saphenous vein grafts: the VEST IV trial
- Assessment of the prognostic role of neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio following complete resection of thymoma
- Epicardial infrared ablation to create a linear conduction block on a beating right atrium
- Detection of patients at high risk for nonocclusive mesenteric ischemia after cardiovascular surgery
- Post esophagectomy diaphragmatic hernia: a case report of a rare cause of acute respiratory distress
- The surgical management of non-malignant aerodigestive fistula
- Intrathoracic fibrolipoma resected using complete thoracoscopic surgery: a case report
- Suture fixation of tracheal stents for the treatment of upper trachea stenosis: a retrospective study
- Case report and management approach in idiopathic pulmonary arteries aneurysm
Medical News Today
- Heart health: Are women getting incorrect treatment?
- Best supplements for lowering blood pressure
- Study sets blood pressure target for people over 80
- Marathon running may reverse a risky part of the aging process
- Stroke: Smoking both traditional and e-cigarettes may raise risk
- Cardiomyopathy: What to know
- How does air pollution affect our health?
- What is water brash?
- Wet coughs: What to know
- 5 healthful living factors extend disease-free life
- Chest pain and leg pain: Are they connected?
- Is it bronchitis or pneumonia?
- Common pesticide linked to increased mortality risk
- Heart attack: New protein therapy may improve recovery
- Cholesterol levels in young adults can predict heart disease risk
- Vasoplegia after implantation of a continuous flow left ventricular assist device: incidence, outcomes and predictors
- Left ventricular-arterial coupling is associated with prolonged mechanical ventilation in severe post-cardiac surgery patients: an observational study
- In vitro effects of levosimendan on muscle of malignant hyperthermia susceptible and non-susceptible swine
- Prediction of postoperative mortality in elderly patient with hip fractures: a single-centre, retrospective cohort study
- Devising negative pressure within intercuff space reduces microaspiration
- Comparative study between Dexmedetomidine and Ondansteron for prevention of post spinal shivering. A randomized controlled trial
- Role of dexamethasone in the para-vertebral block for pediatric patients undergoing aortic coarctation repair. randomized, double-blinded controlled study
- Glycated hemoglobin A1c level on the day of emergency surgery is a marker of premorbid glycemic control: a retrospective observational study
- Effects of prebiotic galacto-oligosaccharide on postoperative cognitive dysfunction and neuroinflammation through targeting of the gut-brain axis
- Development and validation of a predictive risk factor model for epidural re-siting in women undergoing labour epidural analgesia: a retrospective cohort study
- A case report of multiple anesthesia for pediatric surgery: 80 anesthesia applications in a period of 6 years
- Levosimendan is superior to epinephrine on coronary flow for lipid-base resuscitation of bupivacaine-induced asystole in the isolated rat heart
- Correction to: Comparison of analgesic effect of oxycodone and morphine on patients with moderate and advanced cancer pain: a meta-analysis
- Higher PEEP improves outcomes in ARDS patients with clinically objective positive oxygenation response to PEEP: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Sevoflurane preconditioning induces tolerance to brain ischemia partially via inhibiting thioredoxin-1 nitration
Heart Valve Surgery
- 6 Amazing Heart Valve Experts Show Support of Our Patient Community!
- Heart Trivia: Which Heart Valve Is Hidden In This 3D Animation of a Beating Human Heart?
- Traver’s Healthy Heart Returns to Uganda!!!
- Patient Webinar: Surgical vs. Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
- TAVR Innovation: Navitor Gets CE Mark Approval in Europe
- Alex Toussaint, Peloton Instructor, Offers Empowering “Shout-Out” to HeartValveGuy
- Little Traver Finally Gets Life-Saving Heart Surgery!!!
- SUMMIT Clinical Trial Now Enrolling Mitral Valve Patients!
- We Achieve #1 Ranking on Feedspot’s Top 60 Heart Websites!
- Patient Webinar: “5 Myths of Heart Valve Surgery” with Dr. Gerdisch & Me
- BREAKING NEWS: Medtronic Invites Patient Perspective to ACC Symposium
- The “I’m Back” Recovery Shirt for Heart Surgery Patients is Wonderful! Thanks Josh!
- Ari & Dr. Roselli Form Special Heart Valve Surgery Bond!
- “Is Mitral Regurgitation & Calcification Common After Mitral Valve Repair Surgery?” asks Linda
- After COVID-19 Delay, Little Traver Prepares for Heart Surgery Journey!
- Deep-learning algorithm spots carotid calcium on CT exams
- HIV-positive people have higher incidence of coronary plaque
- Early diagnosis of mortality using admission CT perfusion in severe traumatic brain injury patients (ACT-TBI): protocol for a prospective cohort study - Alcock S, Batoo D, Ande SR, Grierson R, Essig M, Martin D, Trivedi A, Sinha N, Leeies M, Zeiler FA, Shankar JJS.
- Saving the brain after mild-to-moderate traumatic injury: a report on new insights of the physiology underlying adequate maintenance of cerebral perfusion - Convertino VA, Cardin S, Cap AP, Crowder AT, Stackle ME, Talley MJ, Lurie KG.
- CTA shows the effect of job stress on the heart
- Study finds heart transplantation using donation after cardiac death with NRP
- Use of CTA, CT perfusion up -- but for the right reasons
- Newly discovered immune cell function vital to healing
- SNMMI issues new guidelines on V/Q scans
- Class I Recall Issued for Some Affinity Pixie Oxygenators Class I Recall Issued for Some Affinity Pixie Oxygenators
- Machine Perfusion Improves Function of Deceased Donor Livers
- Palliative Wound Care for PALTC
- Use of cardio CT, MRI increases, but remains fraction of heart imaging
- Hypothermic Machine Perfusion Prevents Complications in Donated-After-Cardiac-Death Liver Allografts Hypothermic Machine Perfusion Prevents Complications in Donated-After-Cardiac-Death Liver Allografts
- Cholangiocyte organoids can repair bile ducts after transplantation in the human liver